This looks interesting, though I have no idea how to book or find the cost of tickets – the website sends me round on an endless loop:
Scarborough Museums Trust is hosting ‘Beside The Seaside’; a one-day conference looking at all aspects of seaside heritage from the built environment to the social history of the seaside holiday. The conference will address many key issues including the historic development of seaside resorts and the part this heritage can play in coastal regeneration today.
April 24th, Scarborough Spa 9.30am – 6pm
Keynote: Samantha Richardson, Director, National Coastal Tourism Academy
• Katina Bill, Kirklees Museums
• Dr Anya Chapman, National Piers Society
• Dr Kathryn Ferry, Architectural Historian and author
• Keith Johnston, Scarborough Archaeological and Historical Society
• Katie King, Manx National Heritage
• John Oxley and Benedict Phillips (Archaeological and artistic collaboration)
• Dr James Taylor, former curator of paintings, drawings and prints at the National Maritime Museum
The conference will finish with ‘Coast on Film’, by the Yorkshire Film Archive.
For all information and tickets see here