Organised by the Prehistory Research Section of the Yorkshire Archaeological and Historical Society, in association with the University of Hull and East Riding Archaeological Society, ERAS.
VENUE: Byron & Austen Blake Rooms, Canham Turner Building, University of Hull, Cottingham Road, HULL, HU67RX ( Different postcode for Inglemire Lane entrance and carparks HU68JG ). The building has disabled parking and access with lift to the first floor rooms. Campus map of the University of Hull can be downloaded here. More information on travel, parking and accommodation can be found here.
PAPERS will focus on landscapes within the East Riding of Yorkshire and parts of North Yorkshire, revealing sites from prehistory through to the medieval period, with some new insights into Iron Age chariot burials and later prehistoric settlement of the Wolds.
From 10am : Registration. Tea/ coffee. Bookstall & Exhibitions.
10.30am Welcome : Yvonne Boutwood, Chair YAHS Prehistory Research Section
Morning Session – chaired by John Dent
- Dr Ian Stead - 'The incomparable Tony Pacitto’
- Matthew Oakey, Historic England -‘Wet film to lasers: applications of airborne remote sensing’
- James Lyall, Director of Geophiz.biz - ‘Looking back over 25 years of geophysical surveying in East and North Yorkshire’
- Peter Halkon, Senior Lecturer in Archaeology, University of Hull - ‘Exploring the later prehistoric landscape of the Yorkshire Wolds - new sites and insights’
1-2pm LUNCH - plus bookstall & exhibitions
Afternoon Session – chaired by Peter Halkon
- Paula Ware, Director MAP Archaeological Practice - 'Advancing our Understanding of Chariot Burials in the East Riding’
- Marcus Jecock, Historic England - ‘The Hanging Grimston Community Archaeology Project’
- Tony Hunt, Yorkshire Archaeological Aerial Mapping - ‘The utilisation of drones in an archaeological context’
- Closing Remarks – Terry Manby
Conference Ends 4.30pm
TICKETS: Pre-booked tickets only. Booking closes 26th March 2019. £12 (includes morning & afternoon tea/ coffee) or, £20 (additionally includes buffet lunch). To pay by cheque download a booking form here or pay online via PayPal using the button below.
When you book online, you will get receipt from PayPal. Our conference organiser will be in touch in due course to provide further information and ask you about any special dietary requirements
|Conference Fee - choose with or without lunch