Yorkshire Parish Registers Series
The Yorkshire Parish Register Society was founded in 1899 and became a publishing section of the Yorkshire Archaeological Society in 1960. By 2014,180 volumes of transcriptions of Yorkshire Parish Registers had been published, at which point production of new volumes ceased. Some are still in print, whilst others are available in either CD or downloadable formats. Almost all the volumes contain indexes to surnames, Christian names, places and occupations. From the 1950s, volumes have also included extra material to be found in the Bishop's Transcripts, especially useful where parts of the original registers are deficient.
For all further information, including how to purchase those publications still available please contact the Society's office.
Almost all original parish registers for Yorkshire are held in either a County Record or Archives Office. There are at least 15 offices holding original registers and several holding Bishop's Transcripts.To locate the whereabouts of these registers and BTs, and for further information about the places concerned, we recommend that you should consult the Yorkshire section of GENUKI.