1. Personal membership of the Society
All Full Members -
- receive a copy of 'Briefing' the Society's occasional newsletter as well as frequent news of events and activities by email or post.
- can participate in the running of the Society at General Meetings, and by standing for election to positions of responsibility.
- Members wishing access to the Society's books at the University of Leeds and the wider holdings of Leeds University Library, should contact the Society's Hon. Secretary for further information.
- who subscribe at the higher rate (see below) also receive a copy of the Yorkshire Archaeological Journal annually.
- Full Membership without a copy of the Journal, whilst retaining the other benefits of Full Membership, is also available as an option.
2. Membership of one or more of our specialist Sections
Membership of one or more Sections can be taken either separately or combined with full membership of the Society. Please use the online application form below, where subscription rates can be found. Further details of Section activities can be found on the Section pages of this website.
3. Affiliation and institutional membership
Other archaeological and historical societies and groups can join as Affiliated Societies. Details of their programmes are published annually in the YAHS Programme of Events, and their members can gain access to the YAHS library, and the wider holdings of Leeds University Library, for reference purposes. YAHS has active collaborations with many affiliates, on joint projects and events.
Institutional Membership is open to universities, colleges, libraries and similar, who receive one copy of the Yorkshire Archaeological Journal.
4. Subscribe to the YAS Record Series or Wakefield Court Rolls Series
Annual subscriptions are essential to support the continued production of new volumes - see Publications page for more details.
Ways to pay
Either: Download, print, complete and send either a 'Full Membership' form or a 'Section membership only' form by post to the Society's office.
Or: Through this website using one of the big green buttons below (this helps the Society)
Whatever you choose, please consider setting up a Standing Order at your bank.